Logan Paul has turned the most expensive Pokémon card in the world into an NFT

Published on Jul 14, 2022 at 12:26 PM (UTC+4)
by Alessandro Renesis

Last updated on Nov 18, 2022 at 5:24 PM (UTC+4)
Edited by Kate Bain

Logan Paul has turned the most expensive Pokémon card in the world into an NFT

YouTuber turned pro wrestler Logan Paul famously owns the 1998 holographic Pikachu ‘illastrator’ card, which with a value of over $5 million, is the most expensive Pokémon card in the world.

It took him a long time to track down the card and even longer to convince the owner to sell it to him.

But his persistence paid off and he eventually became the proud owner of the $5 million Pokemon card.

And now the YouTuber has turned the card into an NFT to share with his fans and other collectors.

READ MORE: Logan Paul has just bought the world’s most expensive Pokémon card

Logan first became famous with the now defunct video sharing app Vine, and then of course on YouTube, but now he also has a contract with the WWE as a professional wrestler.

Back in April, he actually entered the Wrestlemania ring wearing his precious Pokémon card around his neck as part of an elaborate necklace.

The market for Pokémon cards is huge and collectors spend months painstakingly looking for the cards they want.

So it’s no surprise he’s banking on that demand by creating the NFT.

Logan Paul Pokemon card

So now if you can’t own the rarest Pokémon card in existence, you can at least co-own an NFT of the card.

It’s listed on a collectible marketplace that Logan himself co-founded called Liquid for $5 million but there’s a catch.

You can’t actually buy the whole NFT, only a ‘portion’ of it.

In short, Logan created an NFT that’s divisible by 100 percentage points and he owns 49 percent of it and the remaining 51 percent is available for anyone to buy.


About Pokémon trading cards

The Pokémon franchise was created in 1996 and the collectible card game for the original series was launched later the same year.

Originally designed as the key part of a strategy card game, the cards became the center of attention for collectors around the world who helped create a market that moves millions of dollars every year.

The most expensive Pokemon card that Paul owns was created in the late 1990s as part of a design contest organized by a popular Japanese manga magazine.


Alessandro Renesis

Experienced content creator with a strong focus on cars and watches. Alessandro penned the first-ever post on the Supercar Blondie website and covers cars, watches, yachts, real estate and crypto. Former DriveTribe writer, fixed gear bike owner, obsessed with ducks for some reason.