ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Logan Paul has turned the most expensive Pokémon card in the world into an NFT

by | Jul 14, 2022 - 12:26PM | Crypto

Logan Paul holding his card and the Guinness World Record certificate

YouTuber turned pro wrestler Logan Paul famously owns the 1998 holographic Pikachu ‘illastrator’ card, which with a value of over $5 million, is the most expensive Pokémon card in the world.

It took him a long time to track down the card and even longer to convince the owner to sell it to him.

But his persistence paid off and he eventually became the proud owner of the $5 million Pokemon card.

And now the YouTuber has turned the card into an NFT to share with his fans and other collectors.

READ MORE: Logan Paul has just bought the world’s most expensive Pokémon card

Logan first became famous with the now defunct video sharing app Vine, and then of course on YouTube, but now he also has a contract with the WWE as a professional wrestler.

Back in April, he actually entered the Wrestlemania ring wearing his precious Pokémon card around his neck as part of an elaborate necklace.

The market for Pokémon cards is huge and collectors spend months painstakingly looking for the cards they want.

So it’s no surprise he’s banking on that demand by creating the NFT.

So now if you can’t own the rarest Pokémon card in existence, you can at least co-own an NFT of the card.

It’s listed on a collectible marketplace that Logan himself co-founded called Liquid for $5 million but there’s a catch.

You can’t actually buy the whole NFT, only a ‘portion’ of it.

In short, Logan created an NFT that’s divisible by 100 percentage points and he owns 49% of it and the remaining 51% is available for anyone to buy.

CHECK THIS OUT!

About Pokémon trading cards

The Pokémon franchise was created in 1996 and the collectible card game for the original series was launched later the same year.

Originally designed as the key part of a strategy card game, the cards became the center of attention for collectors around the world who helped create a market that moves millions of dollars every year.

The card that Paul owns was created in the late 1990s as part of a design contest organized by a popular Japanese manga magazine.

FOLLOW US ON
FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

Check this out

First look inside the $7.4 million Pagani Codalunga

First look inside the $7.4 million Pagani Codalunga

This is the $7.4 million Pagani Huayra Codalunga and only five examples will ever be made.  The Codalunga, which translates to longtail in Italian, is 240mm longer than the Huayra.  The hypercar now has an elongated aerodynamic shape inspired by racing cars of...

Would you buy China’s Tesla killer for $120,000?

Would you buy China’s Tesla killer for $120,000?

This is China's very own version of the Tesla and it will set you back $120,000.  Called the HiPhi X, it’s a fully electric luxury crossover from Human Horizons. The car is the second from the EV brand and has been crowned China's best-selling luxury EV. And it's...

ADVERTISEMENT

Most Popular This Week

PAID CONTENT

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from our team.

You have Successfully Subscribed!