Brad Pitt is suing ex-wife Angelina Jolie over this gorgeous multi-million dollar French vineyard

Published on Mar 01, 2022 at 10:29 AM (UTC+4)
by Alessandro Renesis

Last updated on May 18, 2022 at 5:22 PM (UTC+4)
Edited by Kate Bain

Brad Pitt is suing ex-wife Angelina Jolie over this gorgeous multi-million dollar French vineyard

Brad Pitt is reportedly taking his ex-wife Angelina Jolie to court over a dispute regarding a vineyard in the South of France that the former couple purchased in 2008.

According to the lawsuit, Jolie sold her stake without Pitt’s consent, in direct violation of an agreement they reached after their divorce.

Back in 2008, Pitt and Jolie acquired Château Miraval – located in the village of Correns, not far from Cannes in the French Riviera – for $25 million.

In 2014, they actually chose the Chateau as the location for their wedding ceremony before divorcing two years later.

According to the lawsuit filed in Los Angeles earlier this week, Pitt and Jolie agreed to never sell their respective stake in the property without the other’s consent.

Pitt is now accusing Jolie of doing exactly that.

She reportedly sold her stake to SPI Group, a Luxembourg-based company owned by Russian billionaire Yuri Shefler that trades and sells alcohol (including Stolichnaya vodka).

Jolie responded saying she “informed Pitt in writing” back in January 2021 about her “painful decision” to sell.

Meanwhile Pitt’s lawyers say the Oscar-winning actor was blindsided by Jolie selling her stake in the property, which they said he “poured money and sweat into”.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CKzCOe2M-A_/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

In 2020, Pitt launched Fleur de Miraval, a Champagne Rosé brand with wine made in the Château vineyeard.

Legal documents filed as part of the lawsuit show Pitt contributed 60% to the initial purchase of the property while Jolie paid the remaining 40%.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BkaN_3SByNr/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link


user

Alessandro Renesis

Experienced content creator with a strong focus on cars and watches. Alessandro penned the first-ever post on the Supercar Blondie website and covers cars, watches, yachts, real estate and crypto. Former DriveTribe writer, fixed gear bike owner, obsessed with ducks for some reason.